This short post doesn't include beautiful inspiration or hundreds of stunning wedding photos, but it includes valuable information that each couple should take into consideration early on. As an atlanta wedding planner I always collaborate with my brides on their budget, and during this process my clients are often grateful to have someone on their side that points out wedding expenses they may not be prepared for. Here is my list of those top items:
- Beauty Treatments / Hair & Makeup Trials
- Wedding Accessories - Undergarments, jewelry, shoes etc.
- Outfits for Pre & Post Wedding Events
- Audio at the Ceremony
- Overtime Costs - Venues may charge a fee for an event that needs access to their facility before or after the timing outlined in their agreement
- The Marriage License - Research the cost locally when putting together your budget
- Wedding Stationery (not just invitations) - Table numbers, seating chart, addressed envelopes, signage for ceremony or reception etc.
- Tips & Gratuities / Vendor Meals
- Accommodations the night before & possibly night of the wedding
- Breakfast & Lunch for wedding party the day of the wedding
- Delivery & Setup Fees
- Travel Fees - Some of your vendors may charge travel fees, be sure to check your agreements for these
What are some wedding expenses that caught you by surprise?
Photography by Kayla Johnson Photography